Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Kendare Blake Answers YOUR Questions!




Here you go, my fellow bookworms! Enjoy!

***

1) Can we expect things between Odyssues and Athena to heat up a little in future books?

Okay, don't be mad. They did have one steamy scene in Mortal Gods but I cut it. But their hearts heat up. Or at least hers does. Does that count? Probably not, huh?


2) Do we get a deeper look into what this Twilight of the Gods, really means for them? We've seen some of the affects of it, but I'm curious if we get a glimpse of what it all really means, and what happens to them if they meet their end?

More gods do meet their end, and there are some explorations about what might happen to them after they die. They're all certainly wondering, and Cassandra in particular is wondering where the heck Aidan went. But, while the source of the Twilight will eventually be revealed, what really happens to gods after they die may remain mysterious. It was one of the more interesting aspects of writing the gods this way, having them face mortality the same way we all do, with fear, and questions, and maybe acceptance.


3) Are you a fan of mythology? Is that what sparked your wanting to write this book?

EEEEFFFF Yeah. I love mythology. It's so twisted. And often gross. The Iliad and the Odyssey were favorites of mine growing up. I was that nerd who couldn't wait to study them in college and then when I did I sat in the back and did not contribute anything to the conversation.


4) Is there anything else you're working on that we can hope to see from you in the near future?

Yes! I just can't talk about it yet. So what can I talk about...there's a short story about a murdery girl on the road that I like a lot, and that will be in the anthology SLASHER GIRLS & MONSTER BOYS in 2015. I've also got two more anthology stories on the horizon and a new series to announce soon that I wish I could tell you about now. Poop.


5) Random question of the day: What is your favorite snack while writing?

I tend not to snack while writing. I'm a slob, you see, and it gums up the keyboard. But I have recently gotten into those baked pea crisp things, the ranch and caesar ones. YUM. Oh, duh, chocolate. I can eat chocolate all day without gumming up the keyboard. And chewy candy. Laffy Taffy. What do you call a grandmother who cracks jokes? A graham cracker.


6) Who is your favorite male character? Your book crush?

Like, ever? That's tough. I've always had a thing for Hector of Troy. Remember that movie Troy, with Eric Bana as Hector and Brad Pitt as Achilles? That was nice. It should have been renamed the Battle of the Beefcakes. Other book crushes include Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre and The Vampire Lestat. I have no view on Gale vs. Peeta.


No comments:

Post a Comment