Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Member of the Month - Tina Recommends...

==================================================================

Yet another month is at an end, my friends. Isn't it crazy how fast time passes? That means it's time for us to say goodbye to Tina as our member of the month, but not before she gives you her book recommendations! What books does Tina think that you should absolutely add to your reading list?

Check them out!


For my "top 5" I had a reeeeeeally hard time narrowing it down. I love a lot of books and I tried to pick a few from different genres to keep it interesting though you'll notice most of them have a little romance mixed in. 

***

CJ Lyons- Hart and Drake Series: I know it's not just one book but I enjoyed all of them. I have loved everything by this author. The books draw you in and keep you on your toes to the very end (which every good thriller does). I love that her female leads are always strong, independent and full of snarky comments. I would recommend these to anyone who enjoys thrillers. 

JK Rowling- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: I told you I was terrible at picking favorites. Every single book in this series would be on my top 5 list but since I have to pick one I would say Half Blood Prince was slightly in the lead as far as a favorite is concerned. I could read the whole series over and over again and never tire of finding new historical references and little nuances I hadn't noticed before. I even subscribe to the subreddit /r/harrypotter and enjoy all of the discussions on there. Characters are amazing and grow with the series, the plot development never fails to surprise and I feel like the Half Blood Prince is where Harry, Hermione and Ron really come into their own. They start making real decisions and taking on adult things. At the 16-17 age range is when many of us exerted our independence and these characters really came into their own.

Myra McEntire- Hourglass (Series): Yet again the first part a series (do you see a theme yet?), apparently one book is rarely enough for me. This one is a YA series with a bit of paranormal and a lot of twists and turns. The amazon description of the book sums it up pretty nicely "Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut." The author has a great cadence and builds an atmosphere that you can jump right into. I felt like I could be sitting with that group of characters chatting and fit right in. The character development and building plot throughout the entire series kept me hooked. I read all of the series in a weekend because I could not put it down. Would highly recommend it!

Caisey Quinn- Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans Series): Not going to lie, I love me some country music. When this popped up on a sale I had to snatch it up and immediately fell in love with the series. For you romance readers, this series has a little bit of everything. Stubborn girl meets stubborn boy....you know how it goes. I love the country music setting and the supporting characters make all of the difference. Caisey Quinn did a great job of making it a lil' bit country without taking away from the full story (so don't fret if you're not a country fan). I loved this series from start to finish and those sexy scenes could make a girl swoooooon. 

Natasha Boyd- Eversea: Sexy movie star, gorgeous part of the country, small town girl... this is the stuff I love in a romance novel. Eversea is one of those hard to believe it really happened but totally seems like it could type of reads for me. Any time you throw in a famous (insert anything here) things get complicated. I loved the romance and courtship and the female lead was not an instantly in love fan girl which I adored. This 2 book series (of course it's a series!) won my heart and left me feeling fully satisfied in all aspects. Angst, betrayal, romance, dreams and everything that goes with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment