Thursday, July 10, 2014

July Member of the Month!

===========================================================

Are you ready? I said, ARE YOU READY? I'll take that as a yes. It's time to meet another one of our awesome members, and I know you're excited about it!

July's Member of the Month is Tina!




Commence the embarrassment! 

I count the awesome Tina among some of my oldest friends. We weathered all types of things together: high school crushes, breakups, college procrastination, and the occasional day of cathartic romantic comedies that give you a good giggle/cry combo. We were in one another's wedding for heaven's sake. Yup, it's that kind of friendship.

She's also a fellow bookworm, and so I had to convince her to get her butt over here and into the book club. Despite the fact that she's probably very busy with her job, you'll see her pop in and to comment. That's the bookworm way. Gush ended.  Time for the interview!






* If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be?
Sarcastic


* Okay now that you have us in suspense, elaborate! Why did you pick that specific word?
I asked my husband to describe me in one word, his responses included: dainty, forgetful, graceful, negative, irritable, lame, etc. You get the idea. One of the things we have in common is our love of sarcasm. It's a rare occasion that I don't have something to say and at least half of what comes out of my mouth is sarcasm. It's a great communication tool and leads to lots of laughter. 


* Inquiring minds want to know, why did you join Bookishly Delighted?
Because it was my suggestion to start it ;) jk I love Jessica and books and the idea of a book club has always interested me. It's also a great way to stay in touch with friends and make new ones since I have very few local friends.


* What's your favorite type of book to get lost in?
Mysteries/Thrillers. I've loved them as long as I've been reading. I collected the Nancy Drew series in early childhood and The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton was the first full novel I fell in love with. I love the who-done-it and the why's and how's of the criminal mind. It's all fascinating. 


* Do you have any other bookish hobbies besides participating in the book club?
Sadly no. I've had a livejournal/blog on and off for years but am terrible at keeping it up to date. I just enjoy reading.


* Where might we find you reading?
On my oversized round swivel chair with my 16lb long hair cat curled in my lap (or rubbing his face against my Kindle because I'm clearly not paying enough attention to him)


* Who's your favorite male lead in a book? Your favorite female lead?
This is a tough one, I really hate choosing favorites. For female lead I am going to have to go with Hermione from the Harry Potter series. I grew up with those books and looked forward to the new releases like Christmas morning. I felt a kinship with Hermione from the get go. The super smart girl who is a little awkward because she doesn't know when she's being condescending.....that's pretty much my life story. Her fierce loyalty and love for her friends is one of my favorite parts of the series. She is always prepared but doesn't always know how to approach matters of the heart. I love that she falls for her best friend.

For a male lead... hmmm. It's so hard to pick just one.Since you're making me choose one, today's would be Jack Kyser from the Dragonfly series by Leigh Talbert Moore. He's broken and stubborn and makes all kind of mistakes and I love him for it. I have a thing for the broken boys (ask me about that later). 


* What are you reading right now?
Mosaic by Leigh Talbert Moore. It's the final book in the Dragonfly series and I've been anxiously awaiting its official release on 6/30!


* Any final thoughts?
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're lookin' for.



Can you find Tina? She's just lucky I picked this photo ;). I have way WAY more embarrassing ones! Ah, the joys of a long friendship.

Thanks for stopping by to read about our newest member of the month! Stay tuned for her book recommendations that are coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment