Friday, August 8, 2014

August Member of the Month!

==================================================================

It's that time of the month again! Time to spotlight another one of our fabulous members, and their reading tastes. Like I said before, I love these posts! Giving you all the opportunity to get to know one another makes me happy :). I hope you love it too!

August's Member of the Month is Keri!



I was lucky enough to meet Keri through one of our mutual friends. Once we found out we were both bookworms? It was all over for us. It's like that moment when you find someone else who loves the same flavor pie as you. Bookish love makes you soul-mates for life.

ANYWAY, Keri is an eclectic reader like me. We both devour everything we can get our bookish little hands on. In fact, she's written up some thoughts on books before and then I've transferred them into reviews. When she has time, she's my "ghost reader" for my book blog, and she rocks at it :).

I hope you have a ton of fun getting to know her! My only regret is that you can't meet in her in person !



* If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be?
Delightful

* Okay now that you have us in suspense, elaborate! Why did you pick that specific word?
By choosing delightful I also get its synonyms! All of which describe me wonderfully, if I do say so myself.
I am many things to many people, but I always try to be delightful.

* Inquiring minds want to know, why did you join Bookishly Delighted?
I joined this fantastic book club because my amazing friend, Jessica, asked me to. Plain and simple.

* What's your favorite type of book to get lost in?
My favorite genre seems to be fantasy. I'm not sure when that came to be, but it is what it is. I love magic, always have.

* Do you have any other bookish hobbies besides participating in the book club?
I don't have any other bookish hobbies, except maybe that I always try to find a used bookstore when I travel. I have certain books that I look for in every used book shop, and if I find them at an acceptable price, I always buy them, because I always keep spare copies to give away.

* Where might we find you reading?
I'm a bed reader. I love to read in bed with my cat.

* Who's your favorite male lead in a book? Your favorite female lead?
Favorite male lead? Are you kidding? Um, I don't have one, but if I have to single someone out, possibly Shadow from American Gods by Neil Gaiman, but I can't really tell you why.
I also don't have a "favorite" female lead, but I am partial to Thursday Next from the Jasper Fforde series. I would love to jump in and out of books, and interact with the characters like Thursday does!! 

* What are you reading right now?
Right now I am reading our book of the month, duh... I'm actively reading What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver,Tibetan Peach Pie by Tom Robbins, The Blight by Rachel E. Fisher, No and Me by Delphine De Vigan, The Hero's Lot by Patrick W. Carr, Scourge by David H. Burton. I'm slowly reading (off and on) The Portable Dorothy Parker, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, Periodic Tales by Hugh Aldersey-Williams, Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn, War and Peace by Tolstoy, The Social Contract by Rousseau, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente.

* Any final thoughts?
Final thoughts kind of remind me of Jerry Springer when he says things like, "It's just a show. It's not the end of Western Civilization. It's chewing gum."

Or Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey, "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."



Let it be known that I have no shame when it comes to messing up Keri's pictures ;). Do I look terrible? Probably. Is it hilarious? Definitely. Ha! Thanks Keri for letting us get to know you! Check back soon for her TBR recommendations!


No comments:

Post a Comment